The Boston Jewish Film Festival office is located in West Newton, MA
Do you share our passion for independent film? Are you ready to use your skills and experience to increase our impact in the community?
The Boston Jewish Film Festival celebrates the richness of the Jewish experience through film and media. Throughout the year, the Festival engages and inspires the community to explore the full spectrum of Jewish life, values and culture. With 15,000 tickets sold to our programs throughout the year, we are one of the preeminent Arts and Culture organizations in the Boston area.
We are located a short walk from the West Newton commuter rail station, as well as bus #553 and #554. Free parking! To apply for a job or internship, please send your resume and a cover letter to jobs [@] bjff.org. No phone calls please.
The Boston Jewish Film Festival, Inc. follows an equal opportunity employment policy and employs personnel without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental handicap, veteran status, or marital status.
Now approaching our 30th anniversary, we are seeking a highly-motivated individual who is ready to help us reach our Development goals. Reporting to the Executive Director, this role will be focused on soliciting and stewarding existing donors, cultivating and soliciting prospective donors, and building philanthropic capacity.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Collaborate with board members and other volunteer leadership in identifying, cultivating and soliciting major donor prospects.
• Develop engagement goals and strategies for current and prospective donors.
• Engage donors in fundraising events.
• Provide expertise on corporate/foundation relations, annual fund, and other donor relations efforts.
This is a flexible half-time position, and hours may fluctuate, increasing in the summer and fall.
• Bachelor’s degree
• At least 5 years experience in cultivating and soliciting Major Gifts ($5,000+), including experience developing successful ask strategies and effective major donor acquisition strategies.
• Self-starter able to self-prioritize, and work independently and as part of a small office team.
• Availability for meetings and events on some evenings and weekends.
• Impeccable oral and written communication skills
• Familiarity with donor databases. SalesForce experience a plus.
• Must have authorization to work in the U.S.
• Passion for the mission of The Boston Jewish Film Festival. Arts experience a plus. Jewish background not required.
Commensurate with experience
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with Development Officer in the subject line.
The Boston Jewish Film Festival is New England’s largest cultural event. Over 15,000 people attend our events year-round, including our annual fall Festival each November. The Boston Jewish Film Festival has several unpaid internship positions available throughout the year.
We have openings in the following areas:
- Marketing & Graphic Design
We are looking for interns with a passion for film or arts administration/marketing, who want to learn first-hand how film festivals work. Interns typically work two days (8-10 hours) per week in a lively, fast-paced environment.
Help us choose the films for one of New England’s largest film festivals! The Boston Jewish Film Festival is seeking interns to help us seek out new films. Working side-by-side with the Artistic Director, you will:
- Research new films
- Contact directors, producers, and distributors to obtain DVDs
- Pre-screen films and prepare screening notes
- Organize and maintain the physical and online film library
Marketing & Graphic Design Intern
Help us expand the audience for the Boston Jewish Film Festival! Working side-by-side with the Marketing Director, you will:
- Create and send weekly e-newsletters
- Update the Festival’s website
- Promote our events and engage with our filmgoers on our social media platforms
- Assist in creating and designing printed flyers, signage, and online marketing collateral
- Assist with public relations outreach as needed